Monday, May 25, 2009

9 x 2 = Happy Birthday Lauren & Mackenzie!

Nine years ago today, I saw these 2 sweet faces for the very first time (Lauren on left, Mackenzie on right). This was just a couple hours after they were born: May 25, 2000.

And this morning I saw these beautiful 9-year-olds! Happy Birthday Lauren and Mackenzie!

Because I see them every day, it's hard to notice the changes as they take place. So I grabbed a picture from every year of their life (most were taken on or around their birthday). So here they are ... Lauren and Mackenzie 2000-2008. (See above for 2009.)

I remember the day they told us it was twins: January 19, 2000. Some of the craziest news I have ever heard. I mean, we had 2 very young children at home (Nick was 2 and Austin was 1) and I was 5 months pregnant and they told us it was twins! I remember clearly when they put the ultrasound wand on my belly. I knew how ultrasounds went and I knew that I usually couldn't tell what was what. But the first image that popped up on that screen was very clearly 2 circles and the nurse smiled and I said that it looked like 2 heads. And she said that was exactly what it was (so either we were having a 2-headed baby ... or it was twins!). Marty was pale as a ghost and then we just laughed. What could you do at that point? We were nervous and we were scared but that was truly one of the best moments of my life! I could not imagine life without them. :)

They have grown up so fast and I am so proud of them. And although they are twins and will always share that bond, they have both developed into unique little people that are so cool as individuals. And now I'm getting all philosophical and teary when all I really wanted to do is wish them the best birthday ever! We're off to the Mexican Inn and Build-A-Bear by request of the birthday kiddos.
Here are some videos of Mackenzie and Lauren 2 days ago at their school luau. They were the coolest kids at the party!



And here is some music for ya! Colin Raye: One Boy, One Girl.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:53 PM

    Great photos and Happy Birthday Lauren and Mackenzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a couple of hours holding my neighborfriend's newborn twins tonight and thought of you and yours. So much fun! Happy birthday Lauren and Mackie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for twins! I LOVE the old pictures... you make good babies. :) And I am super impressed with Lauren's hula hooping abilities. How does she make it look so easy? A chip off the old block, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:03 PM

    wow...lauren is one mean hoola hoop machine! :)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:04 PM

    btw...your blog looks GREAT! :)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete