Friday, February 20, 2009

King Tut, Steak and Cheesecake!

Marty and I had a great Valentine's Day. Well except for my initial reaction to Marty's big surprise. He was so sweet and had the whole evening planned. So on the way downtown, I asked where we were going and he said, "To the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art." To which I replied, "No REALLY, where are we going?!" He just laughed and said that was where we were REALLY going. Oops! But it was all good. He tries to culture me. But I'm a museum moron.

So anyway, we got to the DMA and you would not believe how many people were in line for the exhibit! And these were all people with tickets! Luckily I was running late (how unusual) so our ticket time was 4:30 but we didn't make it til almost 5 and the 4:30 people were still waiting to get in. Anyway, after about 20 minutes, we got in the exhibit. Of course there were no cameras allowed. Well I have to say that all the Tut hype was way overrated! And Marty agreed with me. I mean the stuff was cool and all but you see one pharoah, you've seen them all! But we had a great time watching all of the people listening intently to their little speaker things and trying to look all intelligent and interested. That alone was worth the price of admission!!

After we were done with the exhibit, I tried to take our picture outside by the big statue of the pharaoh. As you can see, I was not very successful. But I think the pictures are funny.
And then it was time for dinner. Marty knows me well in the food department. I mean is there any other choice but a steak restaurant? He took me to The Capital Grille and oh man was it good! I got a big juicy filet and Marty had salmon (crazy ... I know!). We also had some lobster and crab cakes and lobster bisque and salad. Then after dinner, I was stuffed. But NEVER too full for dessert! And let me tell you, they had the BEST cheesecake! So worth all those calories!

Thanks for a great day Marty!! I love you.

Let's see ... we need a love song or something for this post. Oh wait! I think I'll go a different direction. Here's a classic ... Steve Martin: King Tut.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Robyn! I have some friends near Dallas and they just went to see the King Tut exhibit. They even went on Saturday! It's a small world after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:58 PM

    Wow man you got your braces removed! Very cool! And very beautiful!!!!!

    Love the Steve Martin video. I remember when he was doing those performance he also released that song on a comedy album called "A Wild And Crazy Guy! This album won the Grammy Award in 1979 for Best Comedy Album.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Wild_and_Crazy_Guy

    ReplyDelete