Sunday, January 25, 2009

AC/DC Concert

Marty and I went to the AC/DC concert on Friday night at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. It was an awesome show! Here are a couple of pictures I took during the concert.
My favorite part of the show was when they had the big blow-up chick (Rosie) riding the Rock N Roll Train. I took this video at the concert. They were playing "A Whole Lotta Rosie."


Concert Review:
Talk about an explosive opening. AC/DC began its blazing gig Friday night at American Airlines Center with a video, an animated doozy of a clip (see video below) featuring guitarist Angus Young as the devilish train operator too tempted by the female persuasion to keep his locomotive from crashing. When it does jump the track, it ends up center stage in a ball of smoke. It's equipped with the band's trademark horns and logo, of course.


"Rock N Roll Train," from the band's comeback smash Black Ice, started it all and for the next hour and 45 minutes the group never let up. For an entity that's been together since 1973, these five rockers still perform as if they have plenty to prove. The 18-song set featured five from Ice, three from 1980's seminal Back In Black and pretty much every other AC/DC anthem you can think of.

Anthems are key here. For AC/DC, rhythm-heavy rock tunes need a chorus the crowd can chant. The packed house did just that time and again. Let's see here: "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap," "Thunderstruck," "Hells Bells" and "T.N.T.," to name a few.

During "The Jack," a bluesy number from 1975's T.N.T. album, the unpredictable, unstoppable Young launched into a striptease, removing pieces of his trademark schoolboy uniform until he revealed boxers with AC/DC emblazoned on his backside. That was one of many memorable moments.
It really was a great show and Marty and I had an awesome time. I'll close with my favorite AC/DC song. It wasn't played at the concert. From their Back In Black album, here's "Let Me Put My Love Into You."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:31 PM

    What a fun date night! And a blast from the past, tee hee!
    I wanted to come tell you that if your ears are burning over there in Texas, it is because a few of the girls on the CT at SA started a thread about you and how much they miss you and your awesome talents (and fab personality, of course!!)

    So glad you are enjoying life and I hope everyone is doing great!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun!!! Whoo hoo! ACDC....brings me back...hah.

    I'm a new-ish CT member at SA and have been frantically looking for ya in digiland - asked in the forum and was told you are not designing anymore.

    I just wanted to let you know that I miss you!!! LOVE your designs, your roots kits and a few other things have been staples in my stash for years now! I missed out on a lot of stuff though :(

    Anyways, I hope your doing well and maybe if we are lucky we'll see you back one day! *grin*

    Erin

    ReplyDelete