Friday, July 28, 2006

Winners! ... A Theme! ... Layouts!

I finally got some well-needed rest after the first day of this blog party! I got my bearings together and chose some new music for today. Thanks to Lorraine and Kimberlee for this rockin' dance tune by Shakira! You have both won the awesome Bohemian Spirit kit by Maya at Scrapbook Graphics! Maya let me choose any kit I wanted and since this is one of my all-time favorites ... AND one of the background papers has music on it ... I thought it was the perfect choice for the music contest! Huge thanks to Maya! I will get the link out to the winners today.

A THEME! AND A NEW MUSIC CHALLENGE!

I am loving this tune by Shakira ... I had never heard it before. Brings back memories of my days of dancing in the Latino clubs when I was in college. So today we are having a fiesta! And since this is so much fun, I've decided that tomorrow and Sunday will also have themes. Here's the new music challenge: tell me your best 1980's dance song. The 80's were a good decade for me and the music was awesome so we'll be partying to some great 80's music tomorrow! Leave me a comment with your music recommendation. If I pick your song, you will win a kit by Maya!

SEEN AROUND THE WEB!

I've seen lots of great layouts made with my Holy Cow! kit! Keep them coming! If you haven't yet downloaded it ... here's the link. Remember, everyone who posts a layout and sends me a link to it before Sunday, July 30th at 11:59pm EST will receive a paper pack from Iron Orchid Designs! And one lucky winner will receive a $10 gift certificate from Scrap Artist!
Isn't this layout on the right just too cool! It was created by Amy Pytlik (kapytlik) and posted at RAKScraps. I'll feature another layout tomorrow so keep sending me those links!

16 comments:

  1. hAPPY birthday! That's a great kit! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your family pics! Glad you had a great birthday. So many 80's dance songs that I loved at the disco- yes I am 44 - lol- anyway- celebration by cool and the gang, word up by cameo,you dropped a bomb on me- the gap
    party train to name a few. oh those days when I used to dance all night!!!! Lol- I was so thin then-

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/e/earth_wind_and_fire/boogie_wonderland-2.html sorry forgot - boogie wonderland- by earth wind and fire- Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Happy Belated birthday,Robyn! I love this "This Love" By Marron 5. Not very original as I think everyone heard it already but I love it..lol

    Anyway, thanks for this gift. I have to make a LO out of this..And where should I send you the link? Anywhere here in the comments?

    Yen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:28 AM

    Happy Birthday! I vote for Holiday, by Madonna! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, to pick out one good song from the 80s? Maybe not the greatest songs, but these get my feet movin'!

    Rockit - Herbie Hancock
    Electric Avenue

    I was not a techno-geek, by far! but, these come to mind!

    The 80s... music just hasn't been the same since. LOL!

    www.xanga.com/crafttealady

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 80's were the greatest. Awesome music. I still listen to it. How about...

    Shannon - Let The Music Play or
    Gloria Estefan - CONGA

    ok.. last one..

    Sir Mix-A-Lot ~ Baby's Got Back

    I could go on and on with 80's songs.. just too many good ones out there. Can't wait to see what you pick.

    Hugs, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just "discovered" you! Love. Love your designs. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting my layout!!! Too cool! Quite a party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:41 PM

    Happy B-day Robyn!
    Love Shakira!! Great song too!

    Oh don't even get me started on the 80's!!! Which music genre? I was all over the place in the 80's too (and thinner as well!) Okay...I've gotta a 'mix' of different genre's here. Love the classics from Madonna and Cindy Lauper, Just Can't Get Enough (DM), Shout (TfF), Boy meets Girl, for the New Waver genre, Play at your own risk, AEIOU, anything Debbie Deb, Shannon for the 'Freestyle' crowd. Okay, I'll stop here...I think I've just overwhelmed you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:27 PM

    FUNKYTOWN, by Lipps Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:09 PM

    Yiepee! Robyn this is so fun! I just stumbled upon your blog! Happy B-Day to you!
    My songs for you:
    876-5309 by Tommy Tutone (no this is not my phone # hehe!)
    and all the shaggy haired metal bands
    Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anything by Erasure, love love love those guys! And of course, Abba's dancing queen or super trouper, or any of their dance tunes...I also LOVE mark anthony, and his "I need to know" ..that one gets me hoppin big time!! I love to listen to it in the car! And I love the Coors song Breathless.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:12 PM

    Great song today! I'm here at home shakin' it! LOL! Oh and for tomorrow...I LOOOOVE 80's music too and can't wait to hear the song for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:24 PM

    Opps, I didn't realize I had to leave my music suggestions here (I sent 80's recommendations to your e-mail address). But I'll do a different one here!

    I am gonna go with
    Stacey Q - Two of Hearts
    Queen - Another one Bites the Dust
    Madonna - Into the Groove
    Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun

    :) Man, how can you pick just ONE 80's song! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh.. just thought of another one. Everybody wang chung tonight

    ReplyDelete