Saturday, July 29, 2006

Like...this is a totally tubular party!

The 1980's ... seems like yesterday! Valley Girl came out in 1983. It's still one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. So many other memories from the 80's, but I won't waste your time with my reminiscing! I need to get down to blog party business!
MUSIC WINNER AND TOMORROW'S THEME!
You can't believe how hard it was to choose an 80's song! So many great ones. But I'm giving the prize to Gina (cre8tvlyyrs). She suggested Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode and that's the one I wanted but I couldn't get the video so I chose Strange Love instead. And since I am a Texan and a country girl at heart ... tomorrow is going to have a country music theme! Leave me a comment with the song you think I should play and the winner will receive a cool kit by Maya at Scrapbook Graphics!
HOLY COW! LAYOUTS ... IT'S NOT TOO LATE!
I said yesterday that I would feature a layout here on the blog but there are so many great ones that I decided to just make a whole web page with them. CLICK HERE to see them all. If you created a layout and it is not on that page, email me the link so you will receive your posting prize. Also, if you have not yet created a layout with my Holy Cow! kit, it's not too late! Just download it, create a layout and send me a link! Everyone who posts a layout by Sunday, July 30th will receive a paper pack from Iron Orchid Designs. And I just talked to the IOD ladies and found out that this will be a not-yet-released paper pack! So you will get the first look at it! And one lucky person will receive a $10 gift certificate from Scrap Artist! (My daughter is going to help me pick out our favorite layout!)
MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS!
Once you are tired of partying here in the 80's ... head on over to Scrap Artist. There's an anniversary pool party going on! Fun ... games ... and 40% off everything in the shoppe! And finally ... one of my very sweet friends has nominated me for a Scrapper's Choice Award. I'm up for the favorite site for digital shares from non-commercial designers (I've decided to call this the FSFDSFNCD Award! LOL!). Anyway, polls for voting will be open from July 29th through the 31st. I would appreciate if you would vote for me if you have a spare minute. Winners will be announced August 1st.
AND ONE MORE THING!
This is too cool! Melissa G's Pick of the Day: Layout of the Day was Sandra's layout using the Holy Cow! kit! How cool is that?! Congratulations Sandra! It is an awesome layout.

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:39 AM

    I think you should play "Earl" by the Dixie Chicks. Actually, anything by Dixie Chicks is okay. I think the MTV type videos of them singing the songs is good to watch. Or, 'I hope you Dance', which I think is by LeAnn Rhymes?
    Glad you're having a good birthday bash...I know I am having fun, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your birthday bash sounds like alot of fun! heres some country music suggestions

    Always on My Mind – Willie Nelson

    Happy, Happy Birthday Baby - Ronnie Milsap

    I Don't Want to Spoil the party-Rosanne Cash

    if I Had You - Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Ya know the more I read your blog the more I'm seeing how alike we are! LOL!

    My country song ideas:

    Brooks & Dunn: Boot Scootin Boogie

    Toby Keith: A Little Less Talk

    Alan Jackson: Tall, Tall Trees

    Garth Brooks: Ain't Goin Down 'Til the Sun Comes Up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Woohoo, VOTED! for you of course. Good Luck!
    Jezleave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:26 PM

    Country huh? Ok, I've been diggin this song lately "Save a horse ride a cowboy" and anything by Garth Brooks "Thunder Rolls" or maybe Faith Hill "Breathe"
    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:27 PM

    BTW, I love the movie Valley Girl too, I am such an 80s chick, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about Sweet Home Alabama... I've always liked that song :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:55 PM

    I just sent you the link to my Holy Cow LO at DAQ-I just love your kit! It was alot of fun to use!!!

    I don't really listen to much country, so I couldn't think of too many songs.

    Maybe "Whose bed have your boots been under" by Shania Twain or "Itty Bitty" by Alan Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:19 PM

    I'm thinking....

    Deana Carter -- Did I Shave My Legs for This

    Toby Keith -- I'm not as good as I once was
    or
    Toby Keith -- How do you like me now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:15 PM

    I have another suggestion...

    Gretchen Wilson: Here for the Party
    &
    Gretchen Wilson: Redneck Woman

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first thought was Boot scootin Boogie.Brooks and Dunn..

    How about some Shania Twain..

    Honey I'm Home
    Don't Be Stupid

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Mercy Mercy me....Where do I start with country songs... do we want love songs? classics? current..... Humm the choices... OK I am a country girl at heart can you tell.. HA HA

    Kenny Chesney There goes my life, When the sun goes down, She thinks my tractors Sexy, Be as you are, Any of his songs really...

    Tim McGraw/Faith Hill Live Like you were dying, Its your love, Just to hear you say

    Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Gambler, Till I can make it on my own, Dont fall in love with a dreamer,Lady, Island in the stream

    George Strait - I cross my heart, All my Ex's live in texas

    Toby Keith - Courtesy of the Red White and Blue, American Soilder, I want to talk about me

    Rascal Flats - God Bless the Broken Road

    Sammy Kershaw - She Dont Know She's Beautiful or You are the love of my life

    Keith Urban - Making Memories of Us

    Reba - Fancy


    So sorry its probably way more then enough from me... sorry I get on a roll.

    Cant wait to see what you pick.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:11 AM

    Oh Robyn, I love the movie Valley Girl too!! I still have it on video, what a blast from the past, I must drag it out & see if my 12yo dd would like it!!
    Nicholas Cage was sooo sexy with hair LOL

    Can't help you much with the country music, not much of a fan :)

    XX Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Robyn!

    I'm leaving a link to my Holy Cow LO here since Scrapartist is having probelems I wasn't sure you would get my e-mail!

    Her it is:http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=940074


    Enjoy and Have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:24 AM

    Wow! I'm glad you liked Shakira the other night! *S* and you picked me to win! *S* he he he!

    So you want Country songs today?? I love country.... Does CottonEyed Joe by Rednex count as country? Country Techno maybe??

    Seriously.. I love country music... how about Martina McBride - This One's for the Girls, or JoDee Messina - I'm Alright... Or Garth Brooks - I've got Friends in Low Places, or anything by Garth really... Cinderella is a fun one by Garth, and the Change is awesome... also Ireland is awesome.... Or there's Rascall Flatts, Or is it Lonestar? who sings Mr. Mom. *S* funny stuff there! *S*

    Glad you're having a good birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete