Sunday, July 02, 2006

Never Forgotten


We went to Arkansas last weekend to visit Marty's family. I came home with a few boxes of heritage pictures from his side of the family. Unfortunately, most of the photos are not labelled and I may never know who some of those relatives are. So sad when people are lost to time. One photo really struck me hard. It is a photo of a baby in a casket. Of course it is a sad picture because it is a dead baby but the real tragedy for me is that sweet little baby, who was obviously loved, will be forgotten. I have no way of finding out the name or even if it is a boy or girl. I have decided to name this baby Alex in rememberance of the baby in my previous post. Coincidentally, I was creating this layout the very day Alex died. This is going to be my sample layout for the Altered/Collage Challenge at Scrap Artist this week. The theme is going to be "Honoring Death" and I hope I don't scare anyone away because of the topic. But I feel that so many pages are devoted to happy, fluffy stuff. But life has good times and hard times and each life ends in death. This challenge can be taken on as a journaling challenge or any way the participant wants to interpret it. I hope we get lots of participation because I think each piece of art will be something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment