Monday, July 24, 2006

It's almost my birthday!

I love my birthday! It's like I have a party for myself all week long! I don't really care if I get gifts and stuff - I just like having one special day just for me! Since my birthday is this week, I thought I would make my Heritage Challenge at Scrap Artist somehow have a birthday theme. But I wanted everyone to be able to participate so I have called it "This is YOUR Year!' And the challenge participants will create a layout about the year they were born. Click here to read the details of the challenge in the Scrap Artist forums. I hope you will join me in the challenge!
The journaling reads: I was born on July 27, 1970 in Saginaw, Michigan. The top news stories of that time usually revolved around the Vietnam War. The shootings at Kent State University were a result of Vietnam demonstrations. Music was also at the top of the headlines with The Beatles disbanding and 2 deaths by overdose (Joplin and Hendrix).
I created this layout with Michelle Coleman's Chelsea's Dream kit from Scrap Artist. The little paper strips were cut out of some paper from Maya's Weathered Treasures kit at Scrapbook Graphics. The newspaper clipping is a scan of my birth announcement in the Saginaw paper. I found it in my baby book.

4 comments:

  1. Great LO Robyn....Happy Birthday on the 27th...I'm a july baby too...the 19th...=P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:55 AM

    You have a blog! :) I'm so happy I read the SA thread and found you. Hope you have a fantastic birthday week! Will definitely add you to my bloglines for a sure source of inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn what an awesome layout you created. Love the idea for the challenge also. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Robin and well you're a year and one day younger than I LOL..My birthday is tomorrow (the 26th), so I will wish you now a very happy birthday..I'll make sure to stop by again...got ya in my favorites...love your blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete