Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Crazy about ATC's!

I have been making these little ATC's for several months now and they are just so much fun to make. Now if you have no idea what I am talking about, let me explain what an ATC is! ATC stands for Artist Trading card. These mini-masterpieces are similar to sports trading cards ... only for artists! The only rules in ATC's are that they must measure 2 ½ x 3 ½ inches and must only be traded ... never sold. Artists have ATC "swaps" either in person, by mail, or electronically. I have participated in the Digital Art Quirks mail swap for several months and it's so cool receiving these little works of art in the mail. I had to borrow some plastic pages from my husband to store them in (he collects baseball cards). I'm starting to fill up an album and it's so cool to look through. For a whole lot more information about them, click here.
This card on the right is one of my favorite ATC's. It is a silly picture of me when I was about 4 years old. The nursery rhyme is one that Marty says and makes me laugh. I have an ATC gallery at Scrap Artist if you would like to take a look.
To create this card, I used background paper and the paper on the dress from Dianne Rigdon's Fresh Start kit at Scrap Artist. The hat, moon, dress stamp and words are by Hope Wallace at Scrap Artist. The ATC frame brush is by Nancie Rowe-Janitz at Scrap Artist. Arms and legs are from Maya's Broken Doll Parts at Scrapbook Graphics. Arrow is by Katie Pertiet at Designer Digitals.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 PM

    This is adorable! I love your ATC.. I am a big ATC collector myself. I guess I need to get over to Digital Art Quirks and get in on a swap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for the freebie...great work. Need to come back for some ancestors - you've inspired me. Thanks again.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete