Monday, December 14, 2009

'Tis the season for Christmas concerts!

What a wonderful time of year!  All of the kids have worked hard on their programs and we got to see them all perform.  And the great news for you is that I took lots of video!  I KNOW you're excited about that.  So I'll just go in chronological order.
Tuesday, December 1st
Lauren and Mackenzie and the entire 4th grade perform "Crazy Carols."



Saturday, December 5th
Nick plays in the All-Region Band Christmas concert.
We are so proud of Nick for his accomplishments in band this year.  Not only is he 1st chair clarinet in Honors Band at his school, but he also auditioned for and made all-district and all-region!  I snuck up by the stage and took his picture before most of the other kids took their seats.  And I also snapped one of the other kids while we waited for the performance to start and Daddy was in the lobby buying a t-shirt for Nick.


And we took some pictures of the man of the hour with me and Marty and his brothers.  (Lauren had already headed out to  friend's house as usual.)  I was kinda dorky and wore clothes that matched Nick's. But I guess that's just what band moms do!


Friday, December 11th
6:00pm:  Austin performs his school band concert.
7:15pm:  Nick performs his school band concert.
Austin plays the euphonium.  I know ... I had never heard of it either.  It's like a small tuba.  It's in the low brass family.  Austin has fun playing it.  But it's a pain for him to lug back and forth to school on the bus because it's so big.

I took two videos so you could hear just the low brass instruments and then the full band.  The low brass section is in the back of the band so you can't really see Austin at all.


And now for Nick's concert.  Since it was in the same gym as Austin's concert, we snagged seats in the front row when the other band parents left so we got to sit right in front of Nick.  Pretty cool!



Well that's it!  I hope you enjoy the performances!  No music video for you today because there is nothing better than hearing my kids perform!!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment