Friday, July 21, 2006

I make things up!

One of my students was wearing a t-shirt the other day that said "I make things up!" It cracked me up because it suited him so well. What an imagination on that little boy! Well, this week, I had the chance to make things up for our Studio Start on the Studio Matters Blog. (For those of you that didn't know ... I am one of the Blog Girls there. Read my bio if you would like.) The challenge is to create a card for a made-up holiday. Go to the blog to see the card I actually submitted. The card on the left is the one that didn't make the cut! ... Our editor, Becky, would never approve! ;) ... This came about because of a comment made by my friend Maya. She cracks me up!
To create this card, I used all Maya products. The background paper is in her Flower Girl kit (no longer available), the hand is in the Free Spirit kit and the face in in her Weird Is Wonderful Brushes Set. The fonts are CM Destroy, Century Gothic and DIESEL. The DIESEL font is available at Misprinted Type. You should really check out the fonts there. Lots of cool ... FREE ... fonts!
Well, HAPPY STICK IT UP YOUR NOSE DAY to you all! Just make sure whatever you put up there isn't too large or it might get stuck!! Make up your own holiday and post your card in the Studio Starts Gallery at Scrapbook Graphics.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Oh how funny. I can see why she wouldn't approve. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the free war kit.
    My husband's father was in the Air Force, and this would be perfect to scrap some of the photos of his planes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:11 PM

    stickers of the world, UNITE!

    ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:24 PM

    I love that card! I can't believe it didn't make the cut! Ah well, maybe I have no standards, either! Love your new music soundtrack! Very cool! You are a bloggin genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy SIUYN Day to you too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Happy Birthday Robyn!!

    I loved being a teenager in the 80's!!!
    The loud make-up, the big hair (with or without banana clips!) stiff with Aqua Net, Jordache jeans, parachute pants, Panama Jack t-shirts, Swatches, Coca-Cola shirts and those shirts that would change colors when you touched them due to heat, breakdancing, glam bands wearing more make-up than myself (it seemed the more prettier they were, the more I liked them!) and MTV actually played MUSIC all the time (loved Headbangers Ball on the weekends).
    There were so many good dance songs then that I'm having a hard time narrowing it down.
    Ok, well I guess I'll say - because I just heard it on the radio yesterday actually- "Jungle Love" by The Time. I remember dancing to it at one of my junior high dances!
    Ahhh, the 80's! Those were the days!

    Kellie Simpson from East Texas

    ReplyDelete